RULES AND REGULATIONS
• This Cosplay competition is open to individuals of all ages. Participants below 18 years old must submit/ bring their parent’s or guardian’s letter of consent.
• It is an open themed event. Characters portrayed must come from any published work (books, movies, TV shows, anime, manga, toys, games, etc.). Regardless of where it is from (i.e. Filipino Super Heroes/ Heroine, Japanese Characters, etc.). Invented/self-made/Original Characters are automatically disqualified.
• The use of harmful materials as props is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. Dangerous articles such as metallic weaponry (swords, knives, etc.), firearms, and pyrotechnics of ANY kind that may cause damage to the venue or harm to fellow cosplayers and/or event staff and attendees are strictly NOT allowed as props for the cosplay competition. Any articles made from any other material such as cardboard, PVC, Styrofoam, etc. are allowed to be used as props for the competition.
• All competition entries are solo. Only one cosplayer is allowed per entry. Participants with bulky costumes are allowed to have assistants backstage. They, however, may not have human props neither animal props on stage during the catwalk.
• No performance is required for this competition; simply deliver a line with an action or pose.
• THERE IS NO REGISTRATION FEE OR ENTRANCE FEE. However, those who intend to compete must pre-register through e-mail.
• Interested contestants may register by sending the following details to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Kadaugan Cosplay 2013”:
– SERIES (and version, if any):
NOTE: Please attach a HIGH QUALITY PHOTO (should at least have a width of 450px) of the character to be portrayed, NOT of the cosplayer wearing the costume.
• Deadline of pre-registration entries is on April 20, 2013 (SATURDAY), 10:30PM.
• There will be no on-site registration, only confirmation of pre-registered slots on or before 12:30PM on the day of the event (April 26, 2013).
• Failure to confirm your pre-registered slot on or before the cut-off time may mean forfeiture of your slot and your privilege to compete in the solo cosplay competition.
• There will be a short briefing and rehearsal with the contestants immediately after the confirmation of all participants.
• By entering the competition, the participant agrees to abide by all the terms and conditions as set out in this document. Participants who do not follow these rules will be disqualified.
NOTE: NON-PARTICIPANTS MAY ALSO COSPLAY ON THE EVENT, and also, by going to the event means we gained your support for this event to be successful. Thank You. :3
credit: the rules are patterned from Japan festival 2012
The Official Event Page is here: